Monday, 3 October 2011

Liripipe-hood goes gollar

I have had this liripipe-hood for ages, it was one of the first things I made when I joined the SCA (again) in 2002. A few years later I lined it with rabbitfleece, but it became too warm and (the greater problem) too hard to put on. Now I have decided to redo it into a gollar, cut a piece off here, tweak some there and it should work pretty fine..
..but I had forgotten about the embroidery in the front! The question is, should I remove it and get a strange pattern i front of the gollar, or just keep it as is, with half on each side?

What do you think?

Sunday, 2 October 2011

The Attackseamstress

What do you do when your best friend is going to an event and at 10pm realizes her sewingmachine cant handle that much fabric? The attackseamstress to the rescue fetches the dress, redo the old pleats (not done by said friend, its a dress she bought which needed some changes), do some mending and send it with her the following afternoon! M has redone the bodice of this dress, with only some help from me in making the toile, so all I can take credit for is the pleats and the dress came out goregous!
This is what it used to look like, after the first refitting, the pleats on the skirt had to be redone since the dress was to big to begin with and M ended up with ridicously lots of fabric in the front.
So from now on, I will be the attackseamstress.. most of you have probably heard of the Attack Laurel, I have no aspirations of ever becoming a Laurel, but I am a quite fast seamstress and I do love helping friends in need, especially when there isnt much time so... there you have it!